Welcome to Kumquat Cottage, your one-of-a-kind vacation/retirement home in Belize, Central America
PLEASE NOTE. KUMQUAT COTTAGE IS RETURNING TO A PRIVATE RESIDENCE IN 2015 AFTER TEN YEARS IN BUSINESS. WE HAVE ENJOYED PIONEERING THE CAYO VACATION RENTAL BUSINESS AND HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY YOUR VISIT TO THIS AMAZING REGION. IF WE COME BACK TO OFFERING ACCOMODATION WE WILL LET YOU KNOW THROUGH OUR FACEBOOK PAGE.
THE FOLLOWING IS FOR HISTORICAL PURPOSES ONLY. BOOKINGS ARE NO LONGER ACTIVE AT THIS TIME.
Make your stay in Belize something to write home about. Combining seclusion with luxury and convenience, Kumquat Cottage, a delightful artist-designed house, is nestled a hop, skip and a jump from the center of San Ignacio yet boasts the privacy and solitude of your own personal resort. Saunter from your own terraced tropical gardens to a range of fine restaurants within minutes. Take one of Cayo's many adventures or stay at home cooking, reading a book on the deck, or hanging out watching the birds and iguanas near the spring-fed creek.
Thinking of retiring to our snow-less paradise? Kumquat is the ideal spot to make our home base and experience the real Belize is comfort and style. Stay for a week or a month or a year (long term rates offered).
• Safe, quiet neighborhood near the Police Station and San Ignacio Resort Hotel (with swimming pool, iguana hatchery, and hiking trails).
• 1100 square feet inside, large fenced lot, deck, artwork, creek with waterfalls; all custom designed. Elaborate garden with many rare species of shrubs, plants and trees attracting myriad birds.
• Air-conditioned, expansive bedroom with extra sleeping options. The house is ideal for a couple but sleeps up to six (as three couples).
• Fully equipped kitchen, quality utensils provided. Outdoor barbecue grill (an artwork in itself).
• Stores, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, churches, casino, laundry and market nearby (i.e.within 200 yards). Minutes from Maya sites such as Cahal Pech, Xunantunich, El Pilar, Pacbitun, Che Chem Ha, Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM cave) and the Mountain Pine Ridge. 90 minutes from the ocean (so please look elsewhere if you want to stay on the beach, then plan for more time back at Kumquat in the hills of Cayo; Surf and Turf they call it. We are the Turf).
• House- and cell- phones available for guests' use.
• CableWiFi connection (1MB, good enough for Netflix and Skype) for your internet-enabled device. A laptop is also provided for your use but feel free to bring your own. 24" HD TV with cable and BluRay player provided.
click on thumbnails to enlarge
(Click photo below to start House Tour)